top of page
  • What should I bring?
    We provide detailed packing lists for all of our trips, and we will share these with you during the booking process. We have also created a list of River Essentials* that we recommend for all trips: Sunscreen Hat with a brim and sunglasses Lightweight synthetic shorts or pants, lightweight synthetic shirt (long sleeves preferred) Comfortable tennis shoes, booties, or sandals with tight-fitting straps (NO flip flops) Dry change of clothes Water bottle Snacks Personal toiletry bag or first-aid kit if needed, to include things like: chap stick, prescription medications, etc. *Recommended non-essential items include: fishing rods and tackle, goggles, waterproof cameras, etc. We ask that you please DO NOT bring any glass, weapons or electronics that cannot get wet. We provide quality dry bags, but we are not responsible for what you put inside them.
  • Where do I go?
    Location varies depending on the trip, but we will usually meet at a park, campground or other public river access at a pre-determined time. You will be able to leave your vehicle parked safely there, and we will return there after the trip has finished.
  • How far will I have to paddle?
    The distances we paddle will vary depending on the trip. We usually cover around 3-5 miles on day trips, and we cover longer distances (5-9 miles) on expedition-style multi-day trips. To put this in perspective, we’ve found that most people usually paddle at a rate of 1-3 miles per hour.
  • What if I haven’t paddled before?
    That’s okay! We encourage first-timers and we love working with beginners. As ACA certified paddling instructors, we are happy to teach paddling skills while on the water, and safety is always our top priority.
  • Should I paddle a kayak or a canoe?
    This is a loaded question, and if you ask three different people, you are likely to get get three different answers… Sit-on-top kayaks are generally more stable, intuitive and beginner-friendly, and we recommend these when paddling on the San Marcos and Llano Rivers. They are also great platforms to fish from. We provide high-end fishing kayaks that are wider and more comfortable than a standard rental kayak. Canoes are better suited for paddling with a partner, friend or family member…and for hauling gear. They really shine on wide, mellow rivers like the Lower Colorado, and they are our craft of choice for most expedition-style trips on that river.
  • Are children allowed?
    Absolutely! The minimum age for most of our trips is 8 years old*. Children under the age of 12 are required to ride in a canoe with a parent or guardian. *We love getting kiddos out on the water, but some of our trips are more “kid-friendly” than others. Please reach out if you have additional questions about this.
  • How does the reservation and payment process work?
    Reservations are required for all trips. They can be made over the phone, or by filling out the inquiry form on our Contact page. Reservations should be made at least 5 days prior to the start of any trip. (Any reservations made within this 5-day period will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.) All reservations require a 20% deposit to hold your spot. Cancellations made within 72 hours of the start of a trip will not be refunded. The remaining 80% of the trip cost will be due before the start of the trip. We accept all major credit and debit cards.
  • How big are the groups?
    The maximum group size for most trips is 6 people. Most trips require a minimum group size of 2-3 people.
  • What about custom trips?
    All of our trips are customized to a certain extent, but if you have special requests, or want to explore a river that's not on our list, please don't hesitate to reach out. We would be happy to discuss custom trip options and will do our best to plan a river trip that is tailored to your needs.
bottom of page